Followers

NATURE

NATURE
ERUTAN

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Designers or Engineers

I am raising a question of Design. In my point of view is that Design and Art must go hand in hand. My logical metaphor is that if Art would be computer Science then Design must be some where along the line of Information Technology. Now I am sure many of you out there would agree with me, accept in this odd place called Thailand. Many people misunderstand craft for art and byproduct of technological and human behavior research are the main core of design. The model of "FASION FOLLOW FUNCTION" are sooo long gone, come on this the Post Modern Era. Would you wake up and smell the trend in the design world. By researching the behavior and invent new mechanical gismo are engineer's job, isn't it? How could a plain and tasteless looking thing (but function well) be part of the design world? I say these people are engineers and technicians rather than designers.

No comments: